Use BIOGUARD KLEEN IT To Clean And Descale Metal And Dirt From Filters.
Label Directions For Use: Read entire product label and use strictly in accordance with precautionary statements and directions.
- For Non-BackWashable D.E. & Cartridge Filters:
Twice each pool season, mid-summer and in the fall, clean the pool filter as follows:
- Turn pump off and rinse off loose dirt from filter elements.
- Apply product by spraying directly onto filter elements. If needed, lightly brush heavy grease spots.
- Let wet filter elements sit for 5-10 minutes. For heavily soiled filters, allow elements to sit for 1 hour.
- Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
- Re-assemble filter and resume normal operation.
LABEL NOTE: As an alternative, soak filter elements overnight in a solution of 32 fl oz of this product added to 5 gallons of water. Rinse elements thoroughly with full-strength water from a garden hose.
- For Sand Filters And Some D.E. Filters:
Twice each pool season, mid-summer and in the fall, clean the pool filter as follows: Backwash filter thoroughly. Turn pump off. Chlrinating product must be removed from the skimmer basket prior to addition of this product. Automatic feeder should be turned off prior toany addition of this product. Pour entire bottle of this product into skimmer. Turn pump on until pump primes and product moves into filter. Turn pump off. Leave filter selector in backwash position or in closed position. Wait one hour. Turn pump on with selector in backwash position, until backwash waste water is clear.
EXPERIENCE NOTE: Leave the filter off overnight and first thing in the morning backwash once more and use the rinse cycle on your sand filter if you have one. Then return the filter/pump to it's normal filtration position.